Street Sub Aqua Club is based around Street and Glastonbury in Somerset, with members located all around the surrounding area.
The club meets at Strode swimming pool every other Thursday for training and general swimming, adjourning afterwards to the local pub for food and a drink. On the alternate Thursdays we meet at the pub for either a club meeting or just a social.
The club owns a RHIB, 4×4 towing vehicle, training equipment, air and nitrox filling facility.
All of this is thanks to the effort of club members running the annual fund raiser food stall at the Glastonbury music festival, which helps to subsidise costs that members would normally incur. This also means we can keep the cost of diving low!
New members are always welcome, so pop along any time to any one of the meetings or pool sessions to see what we’re all about.
- Free Air and Nitrox fills
- Regular diving with experienced and welcoming divers, including some weekends away
- BSAC training up to Dive Leader (Cost of training material is a small cost but the training provided f.o.c. by volunteer qualified members)
- Lots of fun!
Membership is charged annually and is due in April. For those joining part way through the year, costs will be adjusted pro rata.
There are two charges included in the fees,
- Street Sub Aqua Club are part of the BSAC organisation and as such all diving club members must also be a member of BSAC themselves. The cost for this is set by BSAC and are reviewed annually. Click here for the latest prices.
- Membership comes with many benefits, including 3rd party insurance. A complete list can be found here.
Club dues cover the day to day activities of the club itself. The current prices are,
- Full diving member- £130
- Student diving member- £62.50
Only Full and Student members can join in diving activities and obtain free air and nitrox cylinder fills.